1666 E. Lincoln Avenue
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Where automation engineers find local automation solutions...
AKD Series Servo Drive by Kollmorgen
The Kollmorgen AKD® Series includes a complete range of Ethernet-based servo drives that are fast, feature-rich, flexible and easy to integrate into any application. These next-generation drives offer plug-and-play commissioning for instant, seamless access to everything in your machine. Paired with our best-in-class servo components, AKD drives offer industry-leading performance, communication options and power levels—all in a smaller footprint.
• Can be embedded with our innovative Kollmorgen Automation Suite™ for high-performance
single- and multi-axis systems
• Kollmorgen WorkBench graphical user interface for easy set-up and programming
• Plug-and-play compatibility with Kollmorgen motors
• Digital signal processor control supports reliable, repeatable steps
• Optically isolated I/O with screw terminal I/O connectors
• Highest bandwidth torque-and-velocity loops. Fastest digital current loop in the market.
• Full-frequency, wizard-based autotuning
• Fast data acquisition with PC-compatible TCP/IP Ethernet service channel
• Real-time performance feedback
• Feedback Devices: Smart Feedback Devices (SFD), EnDat2.2, 01, BiSS, Analog Sine/Cos
encoder, incremental encoder, HIPERFACE®, and resolver
• Multiple bus choices for system optimization, including EtherCAT®, SynqNet™, Modbus/TCP,
CANopen®, EtherNet/IP and PROFINET.
• SIL-qualified, over-voltage, current, and temperature detection provided for added dependability
• Option cards available to increase I/O, add NVRAM and boost processing power
Kollmorgen is a leading provider of motion systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the globe. With over sixty years of motion control design and development expertise, Kollmorgen delivers breakthrough solutions unmatched in performance, reliability and ease-of-use.
Through world-class knowledge in motion, industry-leading quality, and deep expertise in linking and integrating standard and custom products, Kollmorgen provides OEMs with the competitive advantage they need to succeed.