1666 E. Lincoln Avenue
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Where automation engineers find local automation solutions...
P5000 Stepper Drive by Kollmorgen
Introducing the New Kollmorgen P5000 Stepper Drive. The P5000 is a compact micro-stepping stepper drive optimized for high system performance with Kollmorgen's industry leading POWERMAX II stepper motors. It is an impressive yet simple addition to the Kollmorgen stepper drive family. Pairing a stepper system doesn’t get any easier! The P5000 and Kollmorgen stepper motors are meant to be together. With easy access smoothing and profile potentiometers for optimized performance.
• Current output from 0.7-3.5 A peak; DIP switch selectable in 0.2 Amp increments
• Bus Voltage 20-75 Vdc
• Wave matching via potentiometers for Kollmorgen motors to provide optimal performance for the
Kollmorgen Stepper Motor Families.
• All Inputs and Outputs are Optically Isolated
• Command Source from External Step and Direction Inputs or Internal Velocity Controlled
Oscillator (VCO); DIP switch selectable
• External Single-Ended Step and Direction Command
○ Disable Input
○ Fault or Enable Output
• VCO Mode
○ VCO allows for velocity control via 2 seperate potentiometers for CW and CCW rotation and a
third potentiometer for acceleration.
○ CCW Jog Input
○ Run/Stop Input
○ Run/Stop Output
○ CW Speed trimpot
○ CCW Speed trimpot
○ Accel/Decel trimpot
• Pulse Multiplier smooths micro-stepping
• Idle Current Reduction; DIP switch selectable
• Compensation for mid-range instability
• RoHS & CE certified
• UL pending
Kollmorgen is a leading provider of motion systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the globe. With over sixty years of motion control design and development expertise, Kollmorgen delivers breakthrough solutions unmatched in performance, reliability and ease-of-use.
Through world-class knowledge in motion, industry-leading quality, and deep expertise in linking and integrating standard and custom products, Kollmorgen provides OEMs with the competitive advantage they need to succeed.