1666 E. Lincoln Avenue
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Where automation engineers find local automation solutions...
POWERPAC K and N Series by Kollmorgen
POWERPAC® hybrid stepper motors deliver more power in a smaller package. These rugged NEMA 34 and 42 (90 and 110 mm) motors combine optimal magnetics in a housingless frame with a large diameter rotor and innovative rotor-stator design to produce more torque and smoother microstepping. The K Series incorporates flux-focusing SIGMAX® technology for higher acceleration with 25 percent more torque.
• Wide range of standard options
• Affordable co-engineered modifications with a short lead time to meet unique application
• N3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from 3.2
to 15.4 N-m (454 to 2,180 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
• K3 models, NEMA 34 (90 mm) motors are available in 4 stack lengths with torque ratings from
4.08 to 19.7 N-m (578 to 2,790 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
• N4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from
8.12 to 30.8 N-m (1,150 to 4,365 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
• K4 models, NEMA 42 (110 mm) motors are available in 3 stack lengths with torque ratings from ]
10.4 to 40.3 N-m (1,470 to 5,700 oz-in) nominal holding torque.
• Extensive selection of shaft configurations, terminations, windings and co-engineered
modifications to suit your application needs, time frame and budget
• Speeds up to 3,000 rpm meet the velocity demands of most high-torque applications
• Improved torque linearity (above rated current) provides high peak torque to boost acceleration in
• High torque at moderate speeds to enable a cost-effective alternative to servomotors
• Low detent torque harmonic provides smoother microstepping performance
• K Series incorporates SIGMAX® technology for 25% more torque than N Series
• Runs cooler than comparable steppers to provide longer, more reliable motor life
• Special rotor design enables high acceleration
• Rugged, “housingless” square frame means more torque in a smaller package
• IP65 sealing for splashproof protection
• Two-phase design is compatible with most drives and provides smoother microstepping and lower
power input versus three-phase motors
• Optional encoder mounting provisions
Kollmorgen is a leading provider of motion systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the globe. With over sixty years of motion control design and development expertise, Kollmorgen delivers breakthrough solutions unmatched in performance, reliability and ease-of-use.
Through world-class knowledge in motion, industry-leading quality, and deep expertise in linking and integrating standard and custom products, Kollmorgen provides OEMs with the competitive advantage they need to succeed.